Friday, December 3, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge and MOJO X 2 !!

Curtain Call Color Challenge 58 to use crumbcake, basic gray, white, concord grape, black. Again, I only have the in-color ribbon so I decided to make it work!! Used  MOJO Monday sketch challenge 166 from a week ago. Just recently received the SU textile texturz embossing folder and had to use it on the crumbcake panel. The white panel is embossed with Quikkutz dots. Concord grape ribbon was basted down the middle, scrunched, and adhered to another layer of the ribbon. Added a couple stick pins. Leaves and sentiment are from Verve's Great Friends set {one of my favs}!!

The sketch and colors:

My card... 


Yes, I SAID times 2!! Holidays and unexpected company slowed me down a little!!

Stacey's curtain call color challenge 57 (2 saturdays ago) used the colors cajun craze, turqoise, chocolate chip, basic gray, and white. Laid out the card and just needed to make the bow and adhere it all but, Thanksgiving and company came!! Used the MOJO Monday sketch 165 (2 Mondays ago also).

The card..


TFL!!

Ingredients: All stamps Verve and colors from Stacey's CCCC

5 comments:

TrishG said...

Wow, really gorgeous and unique card! I love the stunning black layers.

Stacey Schafer said...

how gorgeous! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Marisa said...

Two beauties, Vickie!! Love the mojo card and the leaves on the second one are fabulous. Are they nestie dies?

Wanda Cullen said...

Hi, Vickie...LOVE your cards...especially the ribbon treatment on the first one! Yes, Deb Horst is my SU demonstrator. She's been traveling a lot and does more now with scrapbooking challenges than with stamping challenges.

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow Vickie! These are both spectacular! I love the ribbon and elegance on the first card and the wonderful glittery leaves on the second. Awesome work, my dear!