Wednesday, January 5, 2011

No Small Miracles!!

When I was making this card, I was thinking of snowflakes and how they are all so different, intricate, and beautiful but, today.... I'm thinking-finally back online blogging!!! We bought an iPad for Xmas {yes, it is pretty nifty!!} but, somehow when the WiFi got hooked up to our wireless- it messed up my access to blogs. This card was made for a previous Cat's Pajamas challenge to use lavendar, aqua, and light blue. The image is from the latest release and she's adorable!! The image was stamped on a nestie and colored with copics. I took a copics class a while back and learned to color brown hair {actually did well in the class} but, it seems to be eluding me. Amber Hight at The Stamping Scrapbooker recently posted a tutorial on coloring hair so, I'm going to have to try her technique!!

I am lovin' the snowflake die from the Cats Pajamas, layered in three colors with SU punched flowers, button , and divine twine!! Stamped the scarf, colored with copics and popped on top. Added some divine twine linen thread for the fringe on the scarf and bow on the button. Used an older CB folder with snowflakes.

TFL!!

Ingredients
Stamps: TCP
Paper: Mitten Weather. SU lavendar, bashful blue, teal
Ink: memento tuxedo black, copics
Accessories: TCP linen thread, button, CB dry EF, nesties, black divine twine, SU punch

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the nestie you used to frame the image and I have that Cat's Pyjamas snowflake die is at the top of my hit list! Darling image and well coloured too.

I'm jealous of the iPad! Looks like Santa was good to you :) Hoping all the connections are running as they should now.

Wanda Cullen said...

Vickie, your shading with your Copics is wonderful! I'll have to check out Amber's tutorial...I've never taken a Copic class but sure would love to! They won't come to my boondocks!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh way to SWEET and I ADORE your colors!!!!!!!!!!!1