Friday, February 25, 2011

You Make Me Smile!!

I have made cards for the last 3 Curtain Call Color Challenges and business at work and home have kept me from posting. Will post the other two at a later date but, this week I am on time... Whoo Hoo!! Stacey's Colors this week are Tempting Tuqoise, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White. The pic shows fabulous candles. Definitely some spring colors, I'm thinking.

Pic...














My card....



















Used some dp I've had for a while (SU pear pizzazz) and some new dp (Making Memories). Love the argyle next to the dots. MFT dainty doily border punch (one of my favs, what am I saying--I have LOTS of favs). Added white ribbon from SU and a new Prima flower. It is made of netting and material that is kind of like burlap but, softer, velvet type (first thought is corduroy) piece with a fabric covered button on top. Sentiment is from Verve's Love Notes (lots of versatile elements and sentiments in this set... check it out here).

TFL!!  Hope  you're having a great start to the weekend!! Me, I'm getting ready to meet my oldest (the bride girl) for dinner!! She's getting married next November, 11/11/11, how sweet!!?? Okay, it's a friday and has presented some challenges with all family living in the Midwest. It shall be okay... we have caterer (OMG... had a blast with that), photographer (absolutely sweet and on the same page with us), place (historic Southern plantation kinda house that is gorgeous), some of the table decorations and aisle decorations (okay, lots actually). At dusk so tealights on shepherd hooks for ceremony, and lots of twinkle lights around porch and columns). Oh, cake and it will be gorgeous, Dominica makes the most absolutely "real" sugar flowers, not a lot but, strategically placed and gorgeous fall colors. Frou Frou ( I wasn't "frou frou" when I got married a long time ago so, it's interesting the different generations) Dress is bought and hanging in my "guest room" along with a bunch of other stuff--- needs to be called the wedding room for the next year!! LOL!!

Good Lord, I am rambling here. It's like the wedding checklist. Believe me if you have a girl, you'll be doing it someday yourself!! LOL!!

Ingredients
Stamps: Verve Love Notes
Paper: white, turqoise, tangerine tango, MM dp, SU dp
Ink: black
Accessories: MFT dainty doily border die-namic, Prima flower, SU ribbon,

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love hearing about the wedding plans! Sounds like fun...AND hard work. I thought sure you would say the ceremony is at 11:00! :-) You'll have to share pics after the knot is tied. Oh yes...LOVE your card and the way you used mostly blue and green with only a smidgen of orange. Now why didn't I think of that?! Beautiful job!

Marisa said...

Darling card, Vickie! LOVE that MS punch - don't t hink I"ve seen it at our Mikes....hmmm...may have to go on a hung you enabler you!

Well done with all the wedding prep! You nailed the big stuff down - well done. Enjoy doing all the other fun things :)