Thursday, February 10, 2011

You're In My Thoughts

I ADORE Stacey's colors this week for the Curtain Call Color Challenge with all those gorgeous flowers!!!! Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White and Wild Wasabi. Also, Verve's week 2 sketch by Amy Sheffer was still on my mind...

Used the fleur {that's what I call it, Julee probably has a better name} from Verve's Accent Notes to stamp a background.. Melon Mambo on Pink Pirouette with some of the images faded for a softer vintage look. Used swiss dots CB embossing folder on the pink pirouette panel and left the melon mambo blank. Added some lace trim from Websters Pages and kiwi kiss satin ribbon on top {yes, the color is Wild Wasabi but, if you notice it matches closey to the leaves in Wild Wasabi}. Used Verve's Vintage Oval Die and Stamp with a sentiment from Amazing Wishes along with leaves, Prima flowers, and SU pearls.

Inspiration pic.... and sketch...

TFL!!

PS Marissa- if you stop by, I didn't like my first card so much and YOU can do skewed panels- just make a couple panels the same and tilt the one on top with your eyes closed!!!
Ingredients
Stamps: Verve Accent Notes, Amazing Wishes, and Vintage Oval
Paper: pink pirouette, whisper white, melon mambo
Ink: melon mambo
Accessories: Verve Vintage oval die and stamp, SU pearls, SU retired kiwi kiss ribbon, Websters Pages trim, Prima flowers, SU leaves sizzlet

1 comment:

Marisa said...

LOL - I'll take your advice for the skewed panel :) Your card is gorgeous!! I loved Stacey's colours as well and used them on my Inkspirations sketch this week. You created a fabulous BG with the Verve image and die. Hope to get a bit of time to play this weekend and tackle this sketch.