Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You Quack Me Up!!

Trying to get my sketches done for the Verve weekly/monthly challenge in the SCS forum. There are weekly sketches posted and you have until the end of the month to make a card. If you participate in all the challenges and link them to the Champions thread, you are in a random drawing to win the next Verve release. Whoo Hooo... doesn't get any better than that!!

This card is for week 2 of April and the sketch is by Verve Diva Andrea. Now, I have to admit the rounded/square panel combo {will show you in a sec} just, really really "freezes" my brain and Verve Diva Jackie did one last month that I made a card for but, was never pleased with it. This month, I have used a little liberty in my interpretation!!! LOL!!

The sketch...


My card....



















Have seen several of the Divas make little pockets out of Verve's Sweet Scallop die and have been wanting to do this.... the day came!! Stamped a couple of these adorable ducks from Verve's Lucky Ducky set {which I won, by the way... I wasn't joking about those weekly/monthly sketches on the SCS forum!!} Then, colored them with copics- coloring a little fuzzy here on purpose, cut them out and used crystal effects on their bills. The sentiment is on a Classy Label Die and added some Viva Decor pearls as an outline {I don't do well with liquid pearls-- this is a little more expensive but, I get much better control}. Added some stitching, a bow, and gold pearls to finish.

Ha... square/rounded panels.... there's always more than one way to skin a chicken!! Is that even a saying??

TFL!! Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday... if you're like me - today is Thursday as I'm off Friday and predicting rain around here... excellent stamping day!!

Ingredients
Stamps: Verve Lucky Ducky
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Salt Air, crumbcake, vanilla
Ink: copics, crumbcake
Accessories: Verve Sweet Scallop die and Classy Label die, gold pearls, Viva Decor liquid pearls, stitching, SU retired ribbon, crystal effects

4 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

How CUTE!

Wanda Cullen said...

Adorable card! I haven't seen these little pocket tags before...how did I miss them?! What a fabulous idea!

Marisa said...

Nice to know other have issues with things on sketches and not must me LOL! Love the pockets with the ducky in them. Great take on the sketch :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my, Vickie! This is just darling! Those little duckies are too CUTE and colored up perfectly! Awesome stitching too! :D