Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hurrah!!

The Waltzingmouse sketch challenge this week is a tag. Slowly but, surely getting back into a little stamping in between our renovations at my house. Hardwoods done- painters coming this weekend to do the "cathedral" ceiling areas that would be a little difficult for DH and I. Working on granite kitchen countertops, new light in the foyer, a little fixer upper construction, etc. etc. -- basically by the time my DD's wedding the first of November- we will be done (including major cleaning and re-organizing). I'll be a happy camper when it's over but, it really is a lot of work!!

Anya Schrier created the sketch this week


I was liberally interpreting those three rectangles (lace, ribbon, and flag sentiment)


I made another since I was enjoying my stamping time. 



















Cut out the tags with MFT's tag die and then cut the Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe dp with the same die. Added lace from Wild Orchid krafts and crinkled ribbon from Etsy. A Websters Pages bloomer with a sunburst bling from Pizzazzaplenty. Sentiment flag was made using Waltzingmouse Stamps Bitty Banners and Fancy Phrases sets.

Hope your hump day is going good!! Thanks for stopping by and appreciate your sweet comments!!
Ingredients Stamps: Paper: Ink: Accessories:

8 comments:

Marisa said...

You are doing a MAJOR reno, but I know it will look amazing when done. Hang in there through all the dust etc., it will be worth it in the end. Great take on the sketch too :)

Kelly S. said...

Such a fun mix of patterns and colors with that GORGEOUS turquoise bloom! This gets two hurrahs for SURE!

Wanda Cullen said...

Fab tags!! I never got around to using this sketch...life (aka work) has a way of getting in the way of stamp time! Your renovation description sounds like you'll have a wonderful outcome! I can't imagine doing that in addition to planning a wedding...are you Wonder Woman using the alias of Vickie Z - lol?

Gerdine said...

The flowers are great! Beautifully done! And the combination with Emma's shoppe is great. I love that paper line a lot!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love the tags!!! Sounds like you are doing lots of good stuff! And a wedding!! I bet it will be great!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful tags, Vickie! (I need to make more of these!) Your home projects sound terrific! I'm sure that everything is going to be beautiful! :D

Lenet said...

Love your tags and take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at wmsc

Clare said...

Gorgeous, love your flowers and bling!