Friday, May 4, 2012

Rockin' I Spy!!

Good Friday morn'!! Yippee it's Friday- I know I say this every Friday but, I MEAN it 'cause for me that means a weekend is almost here and a little free time!! Kick starting the weekend with the 14th installment of I Spy Sketches. This is the sketch challenge where we come looking for YOUR cards for inspiration!! This week the sketch is based on this card from Brenda ( fuzzymaddy@ SCS).
 
Ha... wondering about the Rockin' well, it's these adorable penguins (Idols- yes, there's  little Beatles, a little Elvis, and a little Michael Jackson going on in this set) from The Cats Pajamas!! Okay... I love me some penquins and so does my youngest daughter and playin' a tune... perfect!!



















I fussed a little with those penguins- aka stamped them many times! Tried some coloring, tried some shading, tried some outlining and kept going back to the black/white image, thought it worked best with the colors.

Here's the sketch













This has been another busy week for me... my niece and her friend came to visit and we have been busy eating and entertaining!! Looking forward to a quiet weekend (as quiet as it gets when you have a sorority running in and out of the house, feeding some in btwn. the running-LOL!!- this was DH's comment the other night when I couldn't say how may girls were coming and going!!)

It's your turn....have fun and get to Stampin!! Make a card using the sketch- you can take a bit o' liberty and link it up.... we'd LOVE to see what you create!! Make sure and stop by the blog to see what the other Special Agents created-serious coloring and creativity!!

Love when you stop by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

5 comments:

Teresa Zuehls said...

That's the cutest band I've ever seen and boy are they rockin' it! You rocked the sketch too.TFS

Nancy Thomas said...

It goes to show that you don't always have to color your images - this is outstanding!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such an adorable card Vickie! Love the darling little penguins!

Marisa said...

Adorable use of the sketch - the penguins are too cute :) Love the sorority comment LOL! Hope you get some inky time this weekend. I'm off to cook for the youth retreat at the church this weekend so no such luck for me.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the rockin out penguins! So cute~