Wednesday, December 5, 2012

He's making a LIST....

He's checking it TWICE!!

Ahh. the holidays are in full swing... and I'm definitely behind!! Haven't bought the first present this year {well maybe some cyber stamp shopping for myself!!-- That's sounds bad-- really they just don't know where to go and what to pick--- I'm just helping them out, LOL!!} The list is ready with everyone's wishes and this WE my daughter and I will get it done. In the mean time, I made a card for this week's Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch challenge by the most talented Chupa!!

LOVE this WMS set... Santa's Coming To Town... that silhouette image is one of my favs and the sentiments are fabulous!! Used the Opera Tags set along with the matching matching WMS Spellbinder die. The background star is from Yonder Star stamped in crumbcake onto vanilla/cream. Distressing with TH Antique Linen. Stamped the Opera Tag image twice, cut one out and popped on top for added dimension. A couple glitter stars and twine bow to finish.

Claire, the Head Moustress, made this card in September
and obviously, it has been on my mind ever since she posted it!! Gorgeous!!

Chupa's sketch...

The good news side... WMS is starting to ship from the US. For those of you in the US that don't want to have to pay international shipping prices.... perfect!! Currently, I believe, the selection is limited so when going to the store look for this logo...
You really need to check out the WMS blog here - for all the details!!

Happy middle of the week and think of me when I am doing all my Christmas shopping in one weekend... Blitz (an overwhelming all-out attack) shopping!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Appreciate all the kind words!!

15 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely super! I love this Santa cameo and I think the opera tag frame and the stars are brilliant! Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card and I love that Santa cameo, he is my favorite of all the Santa stamps out in stamp world. You did an amazing job on your card, so classy and elegant.

Carla said...

Love both your cards!
That Santa cameo is so cute.
Love from Holland.

Edna Morrisedie said...

LOVE THIS the colours and embellishments are FABBY with these stamps, great work as always! This is seriously sweet!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful! Love your gold glittery stars, so pretty!
So happy to hear I am not the only one who bought herself a gift first, as well. I got a lot done last night though.

Jean Martin said...

Vickie oh my goodness!!!!! I love your cards!!!! I don't have this set or the accompanying dies! I will have to change that!!!!

-Aneta- said...

Vickie ..stunning card..very elegant and stylish :) love it !

Wanda Cullen said...

What a unique and awesome card!! I'm glad to hear about the US shipping, too! Good luck with your shopping...I've mostly done online shopping...a few clicks and I'm done with over half of my list! I'm off tomorrow and hope to get quite a few things checked off my "to do" list (like address and mail all these cards I've made). So...are you on the naughty list or nice list - lol?

Kate said...

Great card, I love that santa cameo too. I hope you catch up on your shopping, glad I'm not the only one panicking. I agree about ordering for yourself - no one else really has a clue do they, no matter how many hints you drop !

Kelly S. said...

EEK! Vickie that looks AWESOME! Love how you added dimension to the curtain. The golden and stamped stars are the perfect additions! LOVE!

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Vickie! Love it! The golden stars are fabulous! Love all the details! Have a great weekend! Hugs

Jeanne J. said...

Ahhh... you cased Claire your clever girl! Santa looks mahhhh--va-las taking center stage with the curtain going up! Love the colors and so professional looking as always! You can always just give your cards as gifts - they're gorgeous!

Renee said...

Vickie it's stunning!!
That glittery star...
the opera tag...
the background...
everything!
Perfect! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Vickie! Love the gold shimmery stars!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Absolutely fabulous! LOVE your interpretation!
P.s. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one just starting to gey my Christmas act together!