Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Serendipity Stamps Blog Challenge #43- My Girl

Ready for our latest challenge?

SSCB#43 - My Girl!  We're celebrating all things feminine this month!    How about a special card for Mom, your bestie, or even your daughter?  Maybe some petty flowers, or an image that captures a special memory?   Just make sure you include at least one Serendipity Stamps image on your design.

Want to go shopping?  

The "stamp of the month" for May is Aprons. (see above)

Mary always gives the DT and extra challenge and this time it was to do partial die cutting.


So, I tried the Partial Die Cutting tutorial by Debby Hughes on SCS here. It took me a couple tries - I'm slow like that sometimes :) It may look like I just diecut the dragonfly and adhered-hard to get a picture since I added the paper and vellum. Check out the tutorial on SCS.

I used Serendipity Stamps Dragonfly Solid die. The die was cut twice in the pink designer papers and once with vellum. Added some gold drops with Heidi Swapp spray mist, a few pearls, and the Serendipity Stamps Mom sentiment.

For more inspiration there are samples from the design team on the challenge blog or you can visit them directly and get all the details by clicking on their names below.



Thanks for stopping by!! Love when you do and appreciate all the kind words!!

signature

3 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty, Vickie! Love the soft pink vellum dragonfly & splatter on the bg.

Marybeth said...

It's soft elegant and beautiful! I know what you mean seems easier to cut the die and add to the edge,maybe we misunderstood. Looks wonderful ,hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh wow! I think you did a wonderful job. That dragonfly is soft and dreamy and it's so clean! Well done Vickie - never doubt yourself!