Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Color Throwdown #395- because!!

Good Morning- Happy, Happy Wednesday!! It's time for another set of colors at the Color Throwdown!! Loved all the cards last week!! This week the colors were chosen by our Jodil!! You're going to love them!!



This week we're playing with kraft, green, and cream (well, I got a little confused- I saw white :-)


I took the opportunity to use my new MFT die-namic "because". As you can see I didn't combine it with any of the sentiments from the set- instead I used a sentiment from MFT's LLD Sweet Succulents. The "because" die was cut with white and kraft and layered showing a shadow. I die cut MFT's Brick Wall cover up and used it as a stencil (double duty- gotta love that) and sponged with kraft ink. The succulent was die cut, stamped, colored with copics, and I added some glossy accents. Added some splatters of green, kraft, and white for a little fun. 

Please give a warm welcome to this month's Guest Designer, Kara Vrabel!

AND...

Kathy Schweinfurth, Guest Star Stamper - Stamps at Play

Thrilled to have you playing with us!!

Once you’ve finished your card or other paper-crafted project, add a direct link to your creation using the Inlinkz tool at the bottom of the Color Throwdown post. And, don’t forget to use the keyword CTD395 if you upload your project to an online gallery, or hashtag on social media with #ctd395 and/or #colorthrowdown.  Challenge guidelines are in the right sidebar on the Color Throwdown Challenge Blog in case you have any questions.

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
 Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
 Jodi Collins- Stampin a Latte
Lynn Putt- The Queens Scene
Lisa Henke- My Little Creative Escape
Amy Rysavy - Prairie Paper & Ink
 Amy Rohl - Ink About Me


Thanks for stopping by.. Appreciate all the kind words... read every one!!

7 comments:

Susi said...

What a fabulous card, Vickie! I love everything about it - beautifully coloured plant and sweet sentiment, but it's the amazing background that caught my eye immediately!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE everything about this card and I'm seeing I really need to get some succulent stamps in my stash...especially with this fun sentiment! Thinking of you this week...

Marisa said...

Don't fall off your chair - it's me LOL! Man, life has me spinning like a Tazmainian devil for the past 6 months and I am taking a little down time tonite to blurf. Adore that brick BG. Fabulous use of the colours and a darling card. Hope you are well :)

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful card, Vickie! I like your use of the colors. Very pretty.

Kim Heggins said...

What a sweet card...love your incredible background.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Vicki. Love the stenciled background with the die-cut word and the succulent. Great use of the colors (cream or not-LOL!).

Jeanne J. said...

Delighted by those splashes of green that just pull it all together for me! Fun sentiment for your cactus too!